Personal support is a way to provide supervision and assistance to an individual, either in his or her home or in the community, in order for the person to meet his or her goals. Community Involvement Programs (CIP) works with families and individuals using personal support services to hire staff and implement the plan for supervision and assistance.
Personal support is a service available under the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver, Brain Injury (BI) waiver, Community Alternative Care (CAC) waiver, and the Community Access Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver. Goals included in a service plan sometimes require training in order for the person to achieve the desired outcome. Some outcomes can be met by ongoing supervision and assistance instead of training.
Contact Us About Personal Support Services
For more information about Personal Support Services, contact:
- Heather Thao at 612-362-4447 or email@example.com
- Nicole Winters at 612-362-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Brown at 612-547-0526 or email@example.com
Personal Support Policies and Procedures
- Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults Reporting & Internal Review Policy-120517
- Maltreatment of Minors Reporting & Internal Review Policy-07.2016
- Admission Criteria Policy- PSS
- Service Recipient Rights
- Rights and Responsibilities Explained
- Grievance Policy
- Grievance Policy Addendum- PSS, 12.2017
- Service Suspension and Termination Policy and Procedures-07.2016
- Emergency Use of Manual Restraint Policy-NOT ALLOWED-PSS 07.2016
- CIP – Release of Information, Payment Authorization, and Ack of NPP-2017
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Incident Response, Reporting & Review Policy- PSS
- Safe transportation policy
- Universal Precautions & Sanitary Practices Policy
- Overview of Basic First Aid
- First Report of Injury Directions,8.2016
Personal Support Training
Personal Support Services require all staff annually complete training requirements. Once your training is completed you can submit a training timesheet. Please contact Justin Brown if you need additional Training Timesheets.
CIP training is offered online through the College of Direct Supports. Once you have been hired, you can access the training website: CDS – Training Website
For more information about Personal Support Services Training Requirements:
- Contact Justin Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.547.0526.